Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm Ready To Be A College Football Coach

We watched a very exciting Oklahoma State-Texas game today. For a time, it looked like OSU could not be stopped on the ground. Clearly, the OSU coaching staff came in with an excellent game plan. And that's why it seemed dumb that on OSU's last real drive of the game (when they had 3+ minutes), coach Mike Gundy (and/or his offense coordinator) called a pass play on third and about 8. OSU had been getting 6-8 yards per rush throughout the whole game. The Longhorns couldn't stop them. So when they knew that it was four-down territory, and Texas was playing the pass, why not rush on third down and get most (if not all) of the yards for the first down? So that was dumb.

Second, when Texas got the ball back after that series, Gundy wasn't using his timeouts to conserve time. Also, very dumb.

(None of the above should be construed as me not rooting for Texas.)

Therefore, I am declaring that I am ready to be a college football coach. And I don't mean special teams coach or even offensive/defensive coordinator. I mean I'm ready to be a head coach.

And while we're at it, I'm noticing that McCain is still polling nationally at about 40%. That means 40% of Americans think that Palin is qualified to be Vice President (and thus qualified to be President if McCain were to keel over). And since I'm fairly confident that I have a better command of the issues than does Palin, I declare that I am qualified to be President of these United States of America. So on election day, please feel free to write me in. I thank you for your support.

1 comment:

The Kennedy's said...

I will more than happily add you in on my balot. I am not happy with any choice so I have been looking for a way to vote and not be mad at myself either way. GO for PaganO!