Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stuff That's Going On

As you can tell, blogging has been slow as of late. I've run out of ideas and motivation. I still have plenty of time to be blogging, I've just had nothing to say. This weekend, someone mentioned to me that I've probably come to realize that my life is just as boring as everyone else's. No, that's exactly the wrong conclusion, since I've always known that my life is boring. It's just that I managed to spruce things up in the blog through various rants that have no real meaning or importance. Anyway, I'd had thoughts about letting the blog die out, but I thought I'd give it another go and try to keep this thing alive for a while longer, and then reassess at some point in the future.

So let's discuss some issues in the Pagano household:

Softball: Since I haven't written lately, I will update you and let you know that last week, we lost another 1-run game, to fall to 3-5 on the season. Last night, therefore, was our ninth game, and it was our finest performance. We won 20-5, invoking the "slaughter" rule. I myself played well (and it's so amazing how you can actually hit the ball when you keep your eyes on it), although all that matters is that the team got a "W." We're now 4-5 with an outside shot at the playoffs. And if we make it in, we're a force to be reckoned with! Whether we make the playoffs or not, the summer season starts soon. And since our team is starting to bond and really come together, we're probably going to dominate then. To commemorate this, the team will be renamed from the Pasadena Steamers to some new name, something that's dirty and can't be mentioned here.

Formula 1: This is the best sport ever. I will not even bother to debate this. My current ranking of sports goes something like this: 1. Formula 1; 2(T) College Football; 2(T) NFL Football; 4. MMA fighting; and that's it. Baseball is too boring, except for the post-season. Basketball is poorly officiated (maybe even rigged), so there's no point in watching such a sport where the officials can't make up their minds about what's a foul or not a foul, and what's travelling. Anyway, this has led Kristin to mock me as the worst sports fan ever. I disagree, and tell her that she should just go watch Gossip Girl or something while I have my alone time watching "cars going around in circles." In the end, it's all very therapeutic for me.

Running: I'm in training for a half-marathon, and I'm up to 10-mile runs. My lovely wife refuses to join me. Again, she thinks my activity is lame and boring.

Cinco de Mayo: We were supposed to go to a Cinco de Mayo party on Uno de Mayo, but a certain cousin of Kristin let us down. You know who you are. You better make it up by bringing your A-game next time.

TV: What the heck is going on in "Lost"? And "Jon & Kate Plus 8" ended a few weeks ago. Although check this out. And now we're watching "The Biggest Loser." Of course, I think their measuring system is bogus. They take percentage of total weight lost to determine who's doing the best. They should be taking percentage of excess weight lost. The results are skewed (favoring the ones who start most out of shape), and I'm considering writing a strongly-worded letter to the producers.

Babies: None.

Kristin: Still rocking out on the Guitar Hero.

That's it for now. I'll try to keep writing. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

The Kennedy's said...

that was a great re-cap of what's going on! Did your negotiating tactics work???