Tuesday, April 14, 2009

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight was a great night of softball. We won! It was quite exciting. But I'll get to the details of it in a bit. I would have been blogging earlier, to provide you the highest quality blog-ertainment. But Kristin stole the computer from me, and messed around on Facebook for 10 minutes or so while I sat there and waited. So not only will she not put forth the effort to blog, but now she is actively blocking my blogging.

Anyway, tonight's game started like just about all the others. We fell behind early, and we found ourselves in a big hole. And as for me, in the first four innings, I was 0 for 3 with a strikeout, with two of my at-bats ending the inning. So clearly, things were going bad, and particularly so for me.

But then came the fifth inning. The Pasadena Steamers (that's us) staged a monumental rally, pushing 17 runs across the plate, going from 11 down to 6 up. And the most sensational part was my VERY ordinary hit in the middle of the inning. With one out, I had two strikes on me and was just about ready to strike out or ground out for a fourth time in the game, but a teammate yelled out some inspirational words of wisdom (very much like Yogi Berra or some other baseball philosopher), and it put me in the right frame of mind to knock an easy single into right-center field. I don't know if it's possible to even overstate this, but it was miraculous!

In the top of the sixth inning, the other team only scored three runs, so we ended up with a solid win. And as for me, I was thinking about retiring in shame (since my batting performance had been so bad), but now I can almost retire in glory (since I've now doubled my hit total for the season).

That's it for now. But with a win next week, we can keep our playoff hopes alive. I'll let you know how it goes, unless I have four strike-outs next week, which is very possible, in which case I won't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thataboy Chris. Way to show your stuff. Heck, even a busted watch is right twice a day!

Logan