Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Laundry Mishaps

We usually do laundry on the weekend, every two weeks. However, because I was going to be gone over the Memorial Day weekend, and because Kristin would have people over, I told her that I'd do half of it (the first two loads) on Wednesday (a week ago today), and the other two loads on Thursday. Well, things did not go exactly according to plan.

On my first night of solo laundry, I washed and then dried a sweater of Kristin's that she did not want dried. I shrunk it. She had worn it only once, and it was ruined by my poor laundering skills.

On the second night of laundry, I had to wash the sheets. Well, all the sheets wouldn't fit into one machine, so I divvied them up. That meant I had to get some other stuff into each of the two machines. And since most of what I had left were Kristin's jeans , I threw a few pairs of jeans into each machine. Well, one of the jeans was brand new, and it made our bed sheets a very light blue.

So, two nights of laundry, two large mistakes. I think the lesson here is that I'm an idiot and that I cannot be trusted with simple household chores.

Also, there are two final points to make:
  • The blue-ness of the sheets isn't really a big deal, because a) no one ever sees them, and b) even when you do see them, the blue-ness is only really visible in the right light and in comparison to the pillow cases, which luckily made their way into the other washing machine.
  • The offending pair of jeans which caused this blue-ness was Kristin's brand new pair from the Blue Jeans Bar, which she got because she got a gift certificate after winning her NCAA tournament pool. So this is another example of financial karma, which I talked about many many posts ago.

No comments: