Thursday, March 5, 2009

Car Accident

Yesterday, Kristin drove my car to work. On her way out of the parking lot, a guy driving a pick-up truck hit her head-on. At the time, the guy was messing around on his cell phone and not paying attention, while Kristin was completely stopped. Based on what Kristin said last night, my guess is that the guy was going about 2 mph. When she got home, Kristin was not happy at all. She felt bad, and mad. And the front license plate on my car was barely hanging on. Beyond that, though, there wasn't much damage. We'll take it to the body shop this weekend and see what they have to say.

So I guess this is a slight stroke of bad luck. Oh well, what can you do?

However, there are two things to mention regarding this situation:
  • My car has now been in two accidents at an average speed of -1 mph. In the first one, I hit the corner of a wall while backing up. That one cost me about $650 to fix. Hopefully, this one will cost less.
  • Since Kristin is feeling bad about this, I wonder if I can parlay this into a piece of cheesecake this weekend (I'm kind of burned out from carrot cake right now). Probably not, because she doesn't feel THAT bad.
Well, I guess this is a lose-lose for me.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. I would hope that it only cost you $0 to fix if it wasn't her fault. I think you should enjoy the cheesecake anyways. :)