Monday, March 23, 2009

Wrist Fat

Over the holidays, I gained a bit of weight. During the time from Thanksgiving all the way through the Super Bowl, my eating habits were quite prolific.

Anyway, since that time, I've dialed back on the calories just a bit, and picked up the pace and increased the distances in my running. And the results have been positive. I can see that I've definitely lost some weight; I've even moved to the next hole on my belt.

However, as my waistline has shrunk a little, a disturbing development has occurred almost simultaneously. Last week, my watch became very uncomfortable on my wrist. It was suddenly way too tight.

Basically, my wrist had gotten fat. Is it even possible to get fat in the wrist? Will friends and family now start claiming that it looks like I've packed on some pounds in the wrist area?

No comments: