Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Victory On The Diamond

Yesterday, our team eked out a miraculous come-from-behind victory in the last inning. In a low-scoring game, we gave up 8 runs in the bottom half of the second-to-last inning, to go from up by 1 to down by 7. However, in the top half of the last inning, we scored 10 runs in an amazing rally. And in the bottom half of the inning, we held the other team scoreless.

It was unexpected. It was miraculous. It was beautiful.

As for my contribution, I reached base 2 out of 4 plate appearances, lowering my on-base percentage to .600. And I went 1 for 4, with a hit that just squeaked into the outfield. So I am now batting a pathetic .125. (I'm still looking for a batting cage to go to.)

But we did win, and that is what's most important. Of course, right now, I'm really sore. I really shouldn't be running the bases like that. I'm going to hurt myself fairly soon, and it's going to be quite embarrassing (or impressive, depending on your perspective).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll relay this story to my frosh/soph team in hopes of inspiring them to new heights. We are 1-4, all games ending in the mercy rule.

This week we play Wed., Thurs. & Fri.

If you can do, we can do it.

Side note: Can you get a designated runner for when you get on base?

Logan