Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Three Posts In One

Lots to discuss today. I've got three major items, and I'll start with the least important first.

Softball: Yesterday, our team lost for the second straight game. We are now 0-2. However, there was something to be gained from this outing. We were down 19-3 in the bottom of the fifth, when we staged a rally. We scored 11 runs in that inning to bring the score to 19-14. We gave up two runs in the top of the sixth to fall behind 21-14. And in the bottom of the sixth, we scored six runs, to lose by only one. We could have won the game. We had been down by two with no outs, but our rally faltered. So sad. On a personal note, I reached base all four times I stepped up to the plate. I had two walks (I've been told it's bad form to take pitches in a softball game, so I'll have to re-evaluate for next week), and reached base two other times on infield errors. At least I made contact (although it wasn't all that solid). I also scored three times and had an RBI. So it was a definite improvement on last week. My cumulative batting average is 0.0000 (0-4), but my on-base percentage is now a stellar .667 (4-6).

Blogging: It seems my cousin Pam Sciarra has started her own blog. Apparently, I was her inspiration. (The fact that I am inspiring anyone to do anything is alarming.) This blog will have a link to hers as soon as authorized.

New People: And much more important than the previous two items, Ava Lyn Freiburg was born yesterday morning after something like 26 hours of labor. Congratulations to John and Cheryl! In my humble opinion, Ava looks just like her grandmother, Lynda Cabigas. Good luck to Ava in navigating this crazy world.

Anyway, that's it for now. I hope you're all doing well.

No comments: