Monday, September 15, 2008

Back From Vacation

We're back from Hawaii. Kristin and I spent a week with the Nunnelly gang in a house in Kauai. We had lots of fun. Of course, the highlights (at least for me) were the following (in no particular order):
1. Vacation eating - Kristin gave me a minor reprieve on my poor eating habits, and I increased my caloric intake by about 200%.
2. The 8-mile round-trip hike to the waterfall (I'd write out the name, but I don't know it, and I don't want to look it up). This hike was not for the faint for heart, and Kristin and I turned in a dominating performance.
3. The innertube ride down the irrigation dicthes which supply water to the sugar mills. It was kind of like riding in the lazy river at the Mandalay Bay, except the lazy river at the Mandalay Bay sucks. This trip took us about an hour; we went through five tunnels that were pitch black, and one of them a half mile long.
4. Kristin and I took about 50 pictures so that she could get the perfect picture for a christmas card photo. Absurd!

We got back this morning into LAX at 4:30am. Kristin went into work; I stayed home and recuperated.

Pictures to follow once Kristin uploads the pictures onto the computer and figure out how to get them onto the blog.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

YAY! You're back! Kristin, upload pictures!!! She went in to work?! She CRAZY!!!!