Friday, September 26, 2008

Weekend of Pags

Today, Kristin is off to Las Vegas for Kristin Jefferson’s bachelorette party. While they will all be cavorting around town, I will be enjoying the “Weekend of Pags,” which is derived from the “Summer of George” (from Seinfeld): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Summer_of_George

Anyway, these action-packed bachelor weekends for me started in good old Santa Clara. I’d have a weekend to myself when Kristin was gone. I’d get all excited to be on my own, only to be bored by about 11am on Saturday. This is my first weekend alone in Santa Monica, and it is going to be action packed. Here’s the schedule:

Friday: Pick up some good cheap pizza for dinner; I’m carb-loading, of course. Watch the presidential debates. I’m guessing that John McCain completely overwhelms an overmatched Obama due to McCain’s total awesomeness, his being a POW, and Obama being a Muslim terrorist. (I’ll have commentary after the debate tomorrow.) After that, I’ll go to bed early.

Saturday: Go running, take a nap, clean the apartment, watch some episodes of “Lost” (season 4), then go to my old roommate’s birthday party.

Sunday: Watch the Formula1 race from Singapore, go to lunch with my cousin, then watch some football.

So clearly, I’m a big loser. But whatever, since I’m on my own, I get to eat pizza and hamburgers for every meal, so I’m really the big winner here. Anyway, the Weekend of Pags starts in just a day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky... my wife never leaves me for a WHOLE weekend. I don't even get football time alone. Last night with 3 minutes left in USC game, SC has the ball, I hear "John... where's the fingernail clippers??".. really? was that appropriate timing? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh John! I'm preggers and my nails are growing really fast and I haven't gotten a mani/pedi in forever! Just think of it as saving money by clipping my own nails :) Chris, I think that is something that you can appreciate! A SM girl saving money by not paying for a mani/pedi!!! And in regards to the football game, I was still planning to watch while I cut my nails!!!

The Cooksey's said...

Chris, I hope you enjoyed every single high calorie meal this weekend while your wife was away on a fun filled weekend with me and the other girls! We did discuss the fact that your USC Trojans are looking a little sad compared to our Longhorns so I don't think the carrot cake is in your future. And happy 1 year anniversary by the way!

Kristin said...

You're welcome. I'm happy to aid in your indulgences anytime if it means I can have a weekend with your wife like the one I just had. The end.