Monday, September 15, 2008

Sports Commentary

I only really like three sports these days:
1. Football
2. Auto racing - everyone makes fun of me for this
3. Ultimate fighting - Kristin doesn't let me watch this whenever she's within a 10-mile radius.

This post will therefore reflect this weekend's events in the world of football.

Ohio State vs. USC: While everyone is talking about USC's dominating performance over the Buckeyes and all the Trojans fans are again talking about another national championship, I am fretting over #7 Texas. As some of you may know, Kristin is a proud alum of the Unversity of Texas. As such, we made a bet. Because USC started 8 spots ahead of Texas in both polls, 8 spots is the handicap for our bet. If Texas finishes 8 spots or less in the rankings behind USC, then Kristin gets to buy a new pair of jeans. If USC finishes 8 spots or more ahead of Texas, then I get a whole carrot cake for myself (I don't have to share, and I can eat it in as many or as few sittings as I so desire). But based on the current rankings, I am losing this bet. I need an improvement of three spots to be in the money on this one. I hope the cake gods are on my side on this one.

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos: As a Broncos fan, I was happy to see my team pull one out yesterday. Of course, they won because of an erroneous call by the referee in their favor. Now, I do feel bad that the Broncos didn't deserve to win, but Chargers QB Phillip Rivers is a dick, so whatever.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Carrot cake?! Really? That's the best you could come up with?

Guess you're glad Texas still has OU, Missouri, Tech, and Kansas on the schedule...

The Cooksey's said...

I would like to state again for the record how much I love this blog....and I would also like to state that I am and will always be on Kristin's side of a bet involving my Longhorns. :)

Anonymous said...

carrot cake is damn good, if you've ever given it a chance! (in fact, your comment made me so upset that i had to use an exclamation point.)

Anonymous said...

Broncos and Carrot Cake???? REALLY? Both make me want to gag. If you can't show better judgment than that, I don't know if I can commit to reading this blog. Next time just end with the Texas trash talking, and maybe throw in some cheesecake and you might be able to keep my interest.