Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pictures from Hawaii

So Kristin has graciously uploaded pictures from the digital camera onto the computer. (I would have done it, but I don't know how, and I don't intend to learn. She is simply better at uploading pictures, and so I will continue to defer to her.)

We stayed in a house in Poipu on the southern coast of Kauai. Here's the view from the patio.

On our first day, we made an "adventurous" trip onto the rocks to look for sea life. We didn't see much. Of course, we didn't look that hard.
On day 2, we took a monumental hike - six hours to cover just eight miles.

Here's the beach at the halfway mark (2 miles in).And here's the waterfall at 4 miles in. It took us 3+ hours to get here; it was beautiful. And we stayed for about ten minutes.
Then on Wednesday, we took a boat ride to the other side of the island. We saw some dolphins, went into some caves, and did some snorkeling. The first picture is of our boat running over some dolphins. These dolphins may now be in the tuna you are eating at home.



And here are some pictures that Kristin and I took together. We took about 50 of these, so that Kristin could get the perfect Christmas card picture.

And finally, here are some action shots of Kristin's brother Garrett and his girlfriend Elizabeth. They serve no purpose at all other than that I find them amusing.

Someday, when I stop being so lazy and take the film from the underwater camera to the store, we'll put up some pictures from the innertube ride down the irrigation ditches.

1 comment:

The Kennedy's said...

Okay - so I am back as a high frequency reader. I disappeared for a while but then saw your plea on facebook so I am back and I accept your apology. I would like some female perspective though. Why can't KNP contribute at work?!?! Is she busy or something?
:)