Thursday, December 4, 2008

Del Taco: A For Customer Service; F For Customers

So I decided that today would be a Del Taco day. I've been here in Pasadena for work for six months now, and this was only my second trip. So I walk over there just after noon, and there's a line 6 deep.

Near the end of the line is a group of three people who are about four feet behind the line and huddled in a group. Thus, they didn't seem to be in line. So I got in line just in front of them. Right after that, I hear a voice right behind me, and I realize they're now officially in line. So I felt bad, asked if they were in line, then moved behind them.

Eventually, they get up to the front. Instead of ordering as a group, one person orders for herself. Then the next two order. The problem is that they really don't know what they want. Then when they got charged, they realized that they don't want what they said they ordered. Then they start re-thinking their entire order.

At this point, the girl at the cash register opens up the second register to help me, while she's still helping them. She takes my order, then I pay. She goes back to help the other two at the first cash register, who are now complaining about how much change they should be receiving. Then the girl behind the counter takes the order of another customer at the second cash register.

Finally, I got my food and left, with the people who were in line in front of me still not able to figure out their own situation. I do hope the situation was eventually resolved to everyone's benefit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With that much difficulty ordering, I bet they were flustered trying to count their change. All those numbers they had to crunch..there are x amount of us, we ordered two #1 combos and one #3 combos...carry the one...

If only we had listened to our math teachers!!

Logan