Friday, December 12, 2008

Not Happy About Not Winning

Guest Post by Cheryl Freiburg:


Hey everyone, Cheryl (Cabigas) Freiburg, guest-blogger of the day :) Now, for those of you who have read the previous post, you see that my mother has won an award. So not fair! I think the awards committee (Chris) has a preference for CPA's or something. That or he realizes that my mom now works for the "Man" and is trying to get in good with the IRS. Hmmmm....

So anyway, I was given a chance to indicate why I deserve an award. So let's get right down to it.

1) My mom is your best new reader. Without me she wouldn't even know about your blog (let alone what the word "blog" means!)

2) Loyal reader - yeah yeah yeah, you're all loyal readers. But is anyone else as big of a dork as I am to put a feed of Chris's bog on your iGoogle home page? I know, I should be embarrassed, but I'm not. I'm that dork.

3) Quality trumps quantity - so yeah, maybe other people comment more than I do (I'm talking to you Logan!), but I'm telling you it's all about quality of the comment over the quantity!

4) A little history for those of you who are not as big a dork as I am (reference #2 above)... So yesterday I notice that Chris has posted a blog that there is an official name change from "Chris & Kristin Pagano's Blog" to "Chris Pagano's Blog" - so of course like the loyal reader I am, I click on the link to see that the blog post has been removed! Later that day, I get the following email from Chris:

"Was my blog post today that Kristin made me delete bad? Should I have left it up? Thanks for your objective opinion."

So of course, I'm thinking, well, if my objective opinion is important enough to be sought, then obviously I am like the Mr. Miyagi to Chris's Daniel-san! This alone makes me worthy of some sort of award!

5) And this is really the most important - this blog was birthed because we put it in his head! Over a nice long dinner conversation about starting a baby blog for our impending arrival, Chris was inspired to begin this wonderful literary masterpiece known as Chris and Kristin Pagano's blog (ok, so a little ass kissing might help, right?). So the blog wouldn't even be here if we never had the discussion about it!

And seriously if I don't get some sort of award after this, well, Chris, I would sleep with one eye open. I know people who know people!

Your loyal reader,
Cheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,

Your mom won Best NEW Reader. You make a horrible case for yourself to win THAT award.

Don't confuse numerous, concise commentary as lack of quality...just like I won't confuse a guest post as quality as well. (Isn't there a word limit?)

[See comment in other post]

Logan