Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trying To Get More Parents To Read This Blog

Yesterday, we went to my cousin's daughter's baptism. Afterward, we saw Kristin's parents at their place in Newport. It was an excellent opportunity to re-advertise this blog to "the older generation."

At the baptism, I tried to convince my mom and my aunt that they should be reading the blog. My mom said she couldn't read the blog because she couldn't figure out how to find it. As I mentioned in last week's post, she wouldn't be able to figure out how to type in a simple URL. When I mentioned that she could just put it in her favorites, she had no clue what I was talking about. Then, to deflect criticism, she commented that I "must have too much time on my hands." Too predictable. As for my aunt, after she boasted that she indeed knew how to use the internet, she pretty much admitted that she didn't know how to use the internet when she mentioned that it would be too difficult for her to find.

At the Nunnelly residence, we pulled up the blog for Kristin's mother to read. Before, she indicated that it was just too hard for her to find on the internet. Anyway, she read through the blog and DID NOT LIKE IT AT ALL. (Actually, she kind of enjoyed Cheryl's guest post, but she didn't much care for mine.) Can you imagine the disappointment and utter shame her relatively-new son-in-law must have felt because his mother-in-law didn't like his musings? At that moment, I considered shutting down the blog for good. I mean, I can understand my mom's reaction: she's an Italian woman, and all she does is yell and have a bad disposition. But Carol Nunnelly, come on!

Oh well, I will try to lift my spirits and summon the courage to keep going. Hopefully, this blog will continue its rich tradition of excellence in perpetuity. But if it does not, you can trace its demise back to yesterday, December 13, 2008. And if that happens, I apologize, but you know ultimately whom to blame.

No comments: