Friday, December 26, 2008

Random Thoughts From Christmas

Christmas has come and gone. All that build-up, and it's over so fast. So with that, let's recap some of the major issues topics from the last two days:

  1. Prosciutto is the best of all the salted cured meats. This is not debatable.
  2. The best Christmas gift I received was some packets of salt. They were wrapped, and from Santa. You really never know when you're going to be eating a steak, and there will be no salt on the table. And when that happens, the Nunnellys will mock you for years to come. It's best to come prepared with your own salt.
  3. Guitar Hero World Tour is a big hit, if you can get someone to sing. Chris Corradini made an excellent singer on Christmas Eve. However, yesterday, I took one for the team and belted out "Hotel California" in a very unforgettable ear-splitting performance.
  4. Another phenomenal Christmas gift was from my cousin Domenic to my Aunt Lucretia. She came strolling in yesterday in her brand new Neil Diamond jacket. She wore it with great pride. Truly amazing.
  5. The second annual Feats of Strength was canceled. Apparently, my cousin Steven had been sick the week prior and had not had a chance to practice. He was supposed to do 100 push-ups in 5 minutes, for $100. He bowed out gracefully.
  6. My cousin Domenic seems to have consumed a whole bottle of Jack Daniels on his own. Good job, and keep up the good work.
  7. My cousin Pam is considering starting her own blog. I think she'll be using it mostly to post pictures of her kids Drew and Addison. Whatever the use, I'd like to think that I was her inspiration.
  8. For years, we have played Trivial Pursuit on Christmas. I can't believe it has taken so long for me to realize this, but it's a really bad idea to let a bunch of mostly Italians (who already yell at each other most of the time) try to play a game like this. There is always so much yelling going on, it's maddening. SERENITY NOW!
  9. Next year, we're playing Battleship.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS for finally adding me to your blog...I am honored, although i called for a rematch and it was only the FIRST true feat of strength event. By the way I don't think it counts unless you do something too.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious post! I'm am now a converted reader of this blog. Am hoping to win a reader award next for 2009. Your badass friend...Bobby

The Cooksey's said...

My family and I play Trivial Pursuit on Christmas too! I have only won once...my dad is almost unbeatable and it's annoying.