Monday, December 1, 2008

Water Bottles Everywhere

Kristin is a very organized person. She has spreadsheets for everything - mailing addresses, our checking account, etc. She keeps detailed records (brokerage statements, back account statements, tax returns, medical and dental records, car maintenance records, insurance statements, etc). She never throws away her credit card receipts. Our apartment is kept organized at all times. We even have a calendar going out six months to make sure we're not double-booked (I must say that we are pretty popular).

And yet, amazingly, she will never throw away her water bottles. There are currently two semi-empty water bottles in her car, one on her night stand, and one on the coffee table. And when I mention this, she says "Why don't you mind your own business?" When I say that it is my business, she says "Oh" and then proceeds to ignore me.

And then, when I pick up after her and throw away the water bottles (into the trash), she points out that we recycle, and the trash is not where the water bottles go.

That's it. There's no moral to this story. I'm short on material for the blog, and I thought I'd write something.


Re-enactment only. This is not one of Kristin's actual water bottles, as none could be found at the time of this writing. And yes, I am aware of the irony.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hahahaha! This post made me laugh because I leave water bottles everywhere too and it drives John crazy. But I like fresh water. And John doesn't believe my argument that water goes "stale" when left out. I think mouth germs infest the rest of the water (whatever, I know that sounds crazy but I can taste the difference!) If it has been refrigerated then it is ok, but left out to sit for a couple days??? No way - I'll have a new bottle please! (But I don't waste the water, I use the leftover "stale" water on the houseplants!) Hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

1) It's nice to see the use of the coaster. That's what they are in the house for.

B) Cheryl, those germs you refer to are called Backwash.

III) If the "leftover" water bottle is put back in the fridge it would "taste" better, though I doubt that would change the amount of backwash.

Fore) Love the blog and hope to win a CA (Chris Award) in the future.

L.P. Street

Anonymous said...

Pher,
Did you check under the car seats? In addition to the 2 visible in the car, I can guarantee you will find at least one under each car seat. There they live forever.

Water bottles are designed with the innate ability to survive. When you aren't looking they dive into key areas never accessed by human beings.