Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BCS Standings - USC

So the BCS rankings currently look like this:
  1. Alabama
  2. Texas Tech
  3. Texas
  4. Florida
  5. Oklahoma
  6. USC

Is there an outside chance that USC could still win the National Championship? Of course there is. It starts this Saturday with Texas Tech beating Oklahoma, moving USC to #5. Then on Thanksgiving, Texas A&M beats Texas (although I will be watching this with the Nunnellys, and there's a good chance that objects could be thrown at my head if this were to happen). This would move USC to #4. Then Missouri beats Texas Tech in the Dr. Pepper Big 12 Championship game (during which you will see no less than 72 airings of the Dr. J / Dr. Pepper commercial). This is entirely possible because Tech runs a finesse offense, and it only takes the offense being a little out of sync to screw up. And on the same day, we'd need a blowout in the SEC Championship game. It wouldn't matter who won, just that it's not close. And all of a sudden, USC is #2, ready to destroy the SEC champ in the national championship game in Miami.

For that matter, all I'd need is a loss by Texas in the Holiday Bowl, and I might even get my carrot cake.

So how about Texas? What's it gonna take for them to get to and win the national championship? Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to express an opinion anymore, because I would have both Kristins, Amanda, Tracy, and any number of other UT alums ready to punch me in the face this weekend if I said something that they didn't like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, texas isn't going anywhere and neither is SC:(, but every1 knows that they wud kill