Sunday, November 2, 2008

Texas at Texas Tech

I won't comment on the game yesterday, just Kristin's reactions to it. By midway through the second quarter, Kristin was already working through the third stage of grief. After a brief argument concerning her poor attitude, we stopped talking for a few minutes. As we made our way through the second half, she got through the next four stages, so much so that by the end of the game, she had already internalized the loss (even though victory had been SOOOO close).

I would like to add, for the record, that I had a piece of cheesecake during the second half, exactly when Texas started its comeback. If I had been allowed to have one more (or been authorized to have it this morning for the GP of Brazil), then I think Texas would have won.

Speaking of auto racing, the Brazilian Grand Prix was fantastic. For you auto racing haters (all of you), the race started in the rain, and ended in the rain, with dry weather in between. And when Lewis Hamilton needed to make up one position or else lose the championship, he made a pass on the driver ahead of him who was skating around in the rain on dry-weather tires. Simply amazing! Kristin was not impressed as I yelled in excitement at the TV.

1 comment:

The Cooksey's said...

I can only imagine how Kristin reacted to the game...if you could have seen how I reacted, you probably would have thought her attitude was incredible. :)