Tuesday, November 11, 2008

An Intervention

It sounds like the UT girls are planning an intervention. I won't reveal my source (so as to maintain my journalistic integrity), but it seems as if Amanda does not agree with my thoughts about Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and the rest of the Big 12 rivalry structure. Therefore, it seems she is colluding (is that the right word here?) with Kristin Jefferson, Kristin Pagano (the semi-co-writer of this blog), and Tracy Davis.

Apparently, I'm supposed to get on board with their point of view. I can only assume that the next time I see all four of them at the same time, they are going to ambush me and then start singing "Texas Fight" or the "The Eyes of Texas" while I cry and plead for them to stop.

I don't know what to do! Suggestions, please!

2 comments:

The Cooksey's said...

I'm not sure who revealed all of this to you but it is true. An intervention has been scheduled for next weekend in the great state of Texas...you should probably start counting down now. :)

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Long time reader, first time poster.

While I realize you may have moved on from the Texas-Tech "rivalry" question, I feel that I must set you straight. A one-time fluke victory over a vastly superior team does not result in a rivalry between those two teams. See, e.g., Beavers, Oregon State.

And the intervention doesn't sound bad at all. I'm not sure why you would be reduced to tears with the four of us serenading you with the most beautiful songs in the world.

By the way, I should mention, I was referred to your excellent blog by a link on my favorite blog of all time -- utmandaj.blogspot.com.